Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't believe me. Believe TV

Really, I mean that. Seriously. Way back when I first started this blog, I promised a big, long, thorough dismantling of 9/11 conspiracy theories, particularly those espoused in Zeitgeist, a film that makes Michael Moore look like the model of journalistic ethics and technique. But I never got to it, in part because of the size of the task and in part because of a lack of confidence in my ability to complete it. 

Thank God there's TV. CBC's The Passionate Eye is about to air a series of documentaries about this very subject, documentaries that promise to (to paraphrase a press release I got) debunk some persistent 9/11 conspiracy theories while also challenging the "official" version.

The docs air on Sept. 7, 8 and 14, and you can find stuff on at least one of them here. I'm sure the non-internet-challenged among you can find out more about the other ones by cruising around the linked site.

Why should I do the heavy intellectual lifting when our tax dollars already provide the brainy forklift? I can't think of a reason, so I'll just encourage you to watch. Though I'll disown the docs if I disagree with them, of course.

Hey, don't you wonder what I think about Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his running mate? I sure do, so I'll get to that later this week.

No comments: