Thursday, April 10, 2008

The "truth" is out there

One of these days I'll get to my attempted debunking of the Zeitgeist film, the one that suggests, among other things, that 9/11 was not perpetrated by al-Qaeda but was actually the product of a U.S. government conspiracy. That post is going to require a lot of links to other pages, and it also might require that I take a Valium to maintain calm while I'm writing - suffice to say, the whole conspiracy theory makes my blood boil. For reasons that I will get into in that later post, I think it's an irresponsible and intellectually lazy thing to believe in. I also don't understand how many of the same people who don't believe George W. Bush is smart enough to tie his own shoelaces somehow do believe that he's capable of organizing a mass-murder conspiracy consisting of thousands of moving parts and keeping it a secret in a country where a much smarter president can't even get an Oval Office blowjob without the whole world finding out about it. But hey, in a post- X-Files society, I guess it's sexier to believe in this implausible scenario than it is to believe that a group that has committed dozens of confirmed terrorist attacks and proudly shouted responsibility for 9/11 actually is responsible.

Argh. Didn't mean to write this much about 9/11and Zeitgeist. I actually wanted to talk about the Clinton-Obama primary battle and, more specifically, Obama's speech a couple of weeks ago that addressed race in America. But that's going to have to wait until later today or tomorrow. 

No comments: