Friday, July 4, 2008

Bayou Bound

Headed off on what should be a spectacular road trip through the hot and dirty South, with stops in Memphis, New Orleans and Mississippi. For someone fascinated with U.S. politics - and especially the race issues linked to the upcoming election - this is an excellent chance to find out what the people from the country's most racially charged (at least historically) region feel about the whole thing. I may even take the time to chat with some of the locals to come up with some kind of barometer, which could be the basis of a mag article. It would definitely be the basis for a few blog posts.

It's also a fantasy trip for a music lover...Graceland, New Orleans jazz and Delta blues. I can't wait to hear the words and music of the South and report back.

1 comment:

P's Blog said...

Good luck on your adventures. Once again my blog has been put on hiatus while I do things that profit my bank account.